For Further Information, Contact:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Amy Riemer, Media Relations Representative
978-475-4441 (office) or 978-502-4895 (cell)
THE WESTERN FOODSERVICE & HOSPITALITY EXPO WILL OFFER EIGHT WORKSHOPS LED BY TOP EXPERTS IN THE INDUSTRY
- A Scott Blanchard Seminar: Great Management is the Biggest Contributor to Restaurant Success! (Sunday, August 25, from 10:00am-12:00pm): Attendees can learn what defines great management, how it works to produce extraordinary results, what to do about it now, and how poor management can damage a restaurant overnight. Scott Blanchard, Principal and Vice President of Client Solutions at the Ken Blanchard Company will be teaching this seminar. This seminar is being offered by the California Restaurant Association and is for restaurant owners, operators & supervisors. Click here for details.
- AllerTrain: an ANSI accredited, manager-level food allergy and gluten-free training course (Monday, August 26 from 9:30am-11:30am). This workshop informs food service professionals about the most common food allergens, proper protocol for preparing foods to avoid cross contamination, and special dietary needs. Beth Winthrop, MS, RD, Food Allergy Specialist will teach this workshop. Click here for details.
- Take Back Your Budget: The Key to Profitability Workshop (Monday, August 26 from 2:00pm-5:00pm). David Scott Peters, restaurant coach and developer of the Restaurant Prosperity Formula, will teach how to build a budget the right way to be profitable, and focus on the single, most-controllable number in any restaurant. Peters will show attendees how to put systems in place to not only control this number, but also to reduce it and make more money. Click here for details.
- Why Whiskey: Tasting & Education Workshop (Monday, August 26 from 4:00pm-5:30pm). Tom Fisher, Whiskey Expert & Educator will offer owners of establishments, bartenders, and anyone who regularly works with spirits the opportunity to taste previously unreleased and new bourbons, he will also teach how to enhance a Bourbon and Whiskey program. Click here for details.
- Profitable Menu Design (Tuesday, August 27 from 10:00am-12:00pm). A menu is a restaurants’ number one marketing and profitability tool. Donald Burns, Author and Advisor will teach about menu size, fonts and colors, tips and tricks, pricing, designing on a budget, and menu rollouts. Click here for details.
- ServSafe: Food Protection Manager’s Review Class and Examination. (Monday, August 26, English; and Tuesday, August 27 from 8:00am-5:00pm, Spanish) California State law requires each [individual] food service establishment to have at least one employee who is certified in food safety and sanitation. This one-day session will review the key terms and concepts from the ServSafe textbook and will be offered in both English and Spanish. Click here for details.
- Restaurants Care: Let’s Talk About Mental Health and Wellness in Restaurants (Tuesday, August 27 from 10:00am-12:00pm). A dynamic panel of industry experts will talk about mental health and wellness in restaurants and will provide an open Road MAPS to foster a supportive and open environment. Alycia Harshfield, Executive Director, CRA Foundation, will moderate this seminar. Click here for details.
- California Restaurant Association Foodservice & Public Health Summit: New Challenges in Retail Food Industry: Meeting Food Safety and Other Bottom Line Demands (Tuesday, August 27 from 1:00pm-3:00pm). The CRA and the California Conference of Directors of Environmental Health (CCDEH) will be hosting its second open discussion about the many changes facing the restaurant industry, including new food service models, food waste and other public health and sustainability demands. Matt Sutton, CRA and Justin Malan, CCDEH will moderate this workshop. Click here for details.
- The Coaches “Hot Seat”: (Sunday, August 25, 11:30am-12:30pm) Three of the industry’s top coaches will select a restaurant owner and explore who, what, where, when, and why of their business operations. Join David Scott Peters, Restaurant Coach & Expert from the David Scott Peters Restaurant Prosperity Formula; Sandy Korem, Creator & CEO from The Catering Coach; and Darren Dennington, Founder & President from Service with Style Hospitality Group. Click here for details.
- The Rapid Fire Challenge: Meatless Monday Edition (Monday, August 26 from 3:30pm – 5:00pm). Competitors will be asked to present a 20-minute demo of their meatless dish to a panel of three esteemed industry judges and live audience who will vote on the winner and crown the Rapid Fire Champion. Click here for details.
- Bar Business: Raise the Bar Through Training and Elevating the Cocktail Experience, (Tuesday, August 27 from 11:30am-12:30pm). Top experts in the hospitality industry will discuss and offer demonstrations. This event will feature Art Sutley, Publisher, Bar Business Magazine, Nightlife & Hospitality Expert; Mia Mastroianni, Celebrity Mixologist, Consultant as seen on Bar Rescue; and Rob Floyd, RX Liquid Chef, Sip Boldly & Bar Rescue. Click here for details.
- Hip Sip: Battle of the Modern Bartender Tequila & Mezcal Edition (Tuesday, August 27 from 12:30pm - 2:00pm ) is an entertaining and exciting featured event where bartenders will demonstrate their creative and delicious Tequila & Mezcal beverages in front of an esteemed judging panel. Click here for details.
The three trade shows are owned and managed by Clarion UX (www.clarionux.com), which produces 37 events across 13 sectors of both trade and consumer events. Clarion UX, which is the U.S. division of Clarion Events, UK, and backed by The Blackstone Group has become one of the fastest growing event companies in the U.S. with aggressive growth through both acquisition and launch. Clarion acquired PennWell in early 2018, bringing 4 Tradeshow 200 events into the U.S. portfolio and super-charging the already rapid growth. Clarion UX has offices in Trumbull, CT; Kennesaw, GA; Boca Raton, FL; Tulsa, OK; Tacoma, WA, and Fairlawn, NJ.